Here's an improved rendition of Pachelbel's Canon in D. This time I used the pedal and didn't speed up as I approached the crescendo. I made one or two mistakes but they are relatively minor.
And I also recorded this on the first try, without sheet music! The previous recording took 20 attempts.
There's also a new connect the dots puzzle available, depicting a Pterodactyl.
For the past few months I have been trying to learn Pachelbel's Canon in D. Since April, at least. This is the most difficult song I have ever attempted. Here's where I am so far:
I made at least 4 mistakes, but every attempt after this was much worse. The crescendo is challenging! Of course I can play it better when I am not trying to record myself.
Tonight I also re-recorded myself playing Erik Satie's Gnossienne # 4. This time, without sheet music.
I spent the month of June at ITP Camp. It's my third summer in a row there, and as always, I had a blast. This year I attended a session on building a custom computer keyboard. It was taught by Claire Kearney-Volpe and Ben Light.
In the class we met with several members of United Cerebral Palsy and discussed their experiences using computer keyboards. Traditional keyboards often do not meet the needs of disabled people. We talked about ways we could re-design a keyboard to make computers more accessible and meet their usability needs.
I worked with a woman named Shaniqua. She didn't like the traditional key arrangement of a QWERTY keyboard and often found it difficult to find the next key she needed to type. There were some keys she didn't use at all and she thought the keys were too close together.
It's been a while since I posted something here.
In January and February I was a data science fellow at The Data Incubator and worked very, very hard on projects and assignments to learn more about Python and data science tools. But now that that's over, I have time for other things.
I fixed my laptop and can now record videos of myself playing piano again. Here's Erik Satie's Gnossienne #4:
I made a few minor mistakes here and there but overall I am very happy about it. The broken cords make this a difficult piece to play.
Also, I updated this website theme! Much better than the previous one.
More to come....